Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Crazy Little Thing Called Life

Three years has disappeared in the blink of an eye. 1,096 days ago today my life was changed forever when I married the love of my life in Hawaii. Our wedding was in the most picturesque chapel imaginable on the eastern side of Oahu. At the front of the chapel there were 5 large arched windows that offered a breath-taking view of the pacific ocean and allowed for us to be bathed in the warm glow of the morning sunshine. Some will argue that this same light allowed for an optical illusion to occur during our wedding by making it look like there was a little moisture on my cheeks, but this was merely the light sparkling off my shining smile I'm sure.



I find myself sitting here three years later happier than ever. So much has happened since that day that filling you in on all the details would take too much time away from the future postings, both in my writing of them and your reading of them. While I can't fill you in on all the details of the past, it is necessary to tell you about a couple of major events.



In early February, my wife Jamie and I decided after much debate to have a house built. We found a model home with one of the largest home contractors in the country, that we absolutely loved. On February 12th we signed the paperwork to buy the house. Currently we are in our starter home. It is nice and has been a good home to us and our two dogs, but it is very small. Our new house will be almost four times as large. As we leave our starter home, we are very happy to be moving to a house we can grow into with the large family we hope to have.



There are many different types of people that you could call me that I would not argue with you about, but if you called me a morning person get ready for a battle. Two days after signing our house paperwork, I was awoken early on Valentine's Day by Jamie. Even though I am anything but a morning person, I am a guy...and when a woman is in your bed waking you up on Valentine's Day you someone how wake up like a shot of epinephrine was injected directly into your heart. Instead of seeing my wife in some sexy lingerie, I see a her thrusting something in my face while asking "do you see anything?". You guessed it. She was asking me if I saw a line...and I did. Finding out our first child was on the way was the best Valentine's Day I could ask for...so I let the fact she wasn't wearing a new sexy outfit slide.



I invite you to join me on my trip down the road of this crazy little thing called life. I hope you enjoy a glimpse into the extremely ordinary, yet incredible unique life that I have...my ups, my downs, my hopes, my fears, from the routine to the huge changes, everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment